Lowering Stress in Your Billing Department
- Encourage Employee Wellness: A great employee wellness campaign can’t eliminate the stress that comes with your work environment. However, it can teach employees how to manage their stress much more effectively. Schedule a walk during lunch breaks once a week, offer a certain amount every month towards gym memberships, bring a yoga instructor into your office once a month for group yoga or even host a step contest for anyone in your office who owns a step tracker. When employees are active and well, they will be better able to cope with stress.Some of these suggestions may not be ideal until after the Covid-19 pandemic is under control where you work. You may want to do a brainstorming session with your team to come up with other options. Doing so and then implementing something your team came up with will also increase “buy-in” and implementation. That should lower everyone’s stress level including yours. After all, you won’t need to worry about whether they actually like the new initiatives.
- Create a Quiet Space: Other than the lunchroom in your office, is there anywhere that employees can go to get a quiet moment? Even if your billing department workers are still at home due to COVID-19, it’s good to think about how to create quiet, peaceful spaces where employees can work or take a moment for themselves. Is there a place outdoors where you can place some socially distanced lawn chairs?
- Listen to Them: Another great way to lower stress in your billing department is by talking directly to your employees and learning more about their ideas to reduce stress. Could a simple change in your methods of operations make things simpler and more straightforward? Could moving things around in the office let them do their jobs more easily? Your employees are not only great workers for you, but they are also exceptional resources for you. Touch base with them on a regular basis to hear more about what would make their work in the billing department easier.
- Recognize team members for their efforts: Whether it’s a small gift card or a customized certificate, recognizing their effort can make a big difference. Employees at every level of the organization work better and find their jobs more satisfying if they are recognized for their contributions.
- Outsource Collections: Finally, you should consider outsourcing collections services to a professional company. Collections can be very stressful on your billing department, as many times the person who owes the debt is emotional and the conversation is not easy. Professional collections workers know how to work with debtors to make their debts right in a manner that is appropriate and without getting emotionally involved. Professional debt collection companies also have access to numerous tools that the average business does not when completing the collections process.
Hiring a Professional Collections Agency? Alacrity Collections Is Here to HelpAlacrity Collections is proud to be a leader in debt collections since 1982. Chasing overdue invoices is not an effective use of your time. Let our team help so you can work on running and growing your company. We achieve great results that are over twice the national average and treat all of our customers with dignity and respect. We work tirelessly to protect your brand and improve your net returns. To learn more about our services and get in touch, please call us at 1-800-752-9663 or set up a phone appointment directly on our representative’s calendar via this link: www.calendly.com/hheemann.
Other Posts You May be Interested In:
- 7 Simple Office Etiquette Tips
- Preventing Back Pain in the Office
- The Importance of Humor in the Office
- Managing a Remote Work Team Effectively
- 3 Keys to Successful Collections in a Dental Practice